Why parents love ARK Therapeutic's Guitar Oral Motor Chew fidget:
• Helps with anxiety and stress- no more chewing on hands, clothes, toys, pencils etc. This silicone chew is a safe alternative for kids who need to chew to calm and soothe themselves. It is the best outlet to chew on for children with sensory needs, such as ADHD, Autism, and PDD. Ark’s autism toys can also help provide an alternative to tooth grinding. Not only children with special needs love this sensory toy for autism. It is also great for alleviating temporary troubles such as thumb sucking or chewing cheeks when getting anxious.
• A safer alternative to chewable necklaces – some children like to chew while in bed reading a book, watching TVor during night time. This sensory chewy is safer to have in bed without a cord around the neck.
• Innovative design – the bright colours are stimulating and fun. The children love the bumps and nubs, providing different oral motor input. This special needs toy has been used by therapists for chewing therapy to practice biting/chewing skills without the risk of choking, build jaw strength and stability, and exercise the mouth muscles.
• Provides assistance with picky eating - for picky eaters, this fidget helps decrease oral defensiveness and gets the child use to different food textures.
• Easy to Hold – just like the original smooth Grabber, the Guitar oral motor sensorytool has an easy-to-hold loop and a long extension to reach the back teeth. Measures approximately 137 mm lengthwise, 50mm across the loop/handle, and 12.7 mm thick - perfect for little hands to grasp, and hold. (very similar in size to the Grabber).
• Replacement for pacifiersfor older children who don't want to let them go. We love that we can put a pacifier strap on loop and clip to the stroller so it won't fall so that kids can get sensory input with their silicone chew toy while out and about.
• Safe and non-toxic - ARK Therapeutic's sensory tools are handcrafted in the USA by Debbie's husband and son in a family factory in Columbia, South Carolina. The 100% food grade silicone meets the highest safety standards! These sensory toys Australia are medical grade, FDA compliant, NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, cadmium, or latex. Parents and caregivers can have the peace of mind knowing that ARK's silicone sensory tools are non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and chew-safe for their children. They are also staining and breaking resistant.
• Easy to clean - hand wash with soapy water; dishwasher safe (top rack); steam sterilized.
Although these textured chewies are recommended for 2.5 years and up, the range of sensory needs is vast and complex. What works for one person may not work for the next, so if you're not sure which sensory tool is best for your child, check out ARK's Chewing Guide™.
Caution: This product is not a toy. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected, given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if different sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people, a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times and inspect the chew regularly. Replace it if the item shows signs of wear and tear.