• Safe and non-toxic material– made of medical grade FDA compliant 100% food-grade silicone, this sensory necklace for chewing is designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA by Debbie's husband and son in a family factory in Columbia, South Carolina. Safety is ARK's highest priority! Each chew necklace Australia is medical grade, FDA compliant, NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
• Alleviate stress and anxiety – this chewing necklace is not only for individuals with sensory needs, such as ADHD, Autism, and PDD to reduce anxiety and stress. It also helps individuals who are chewing/biting on hair, fingers, knuckles, shirts, pencils, and other hard objects. Great for preventing teeth grinding as well.
• Improves behaviour and academic skills – chewing is proved to increase attention and focus on the task at hand while decreasing hyperactivity and promoting “just right” alert state. This chew necklace Australia helps kids calm, relax, self-regulate during times of stress, better focus in the classroom, or during homework.
• Great for all ages - this chewable necklace for ADHD is also appreciated by adults who just need some oral motor input from time to time to focus or to manage stress and anxiety. It also helps with grinding teeth.
• Multiple sensory textures- the chewing necklace sensory has tactile nubs in two different sizes to provide various oral sensory input.
• Breakaway clasp - each pendant is sold individually with its durable cord and breakaway clasp to prevent choking or accidents.
• Easy to hold and wear – the pendant of this sensory chew necklace Australia is 63.5 mm long, 15.8 mm wide, and just under 12.7 mm thick - perfect for little hands to hold and reach the back molars. Best for hand free holding in the moth. The cord measures approximately 914 mm in length. If desired, you can shorten the cord by scooting the thread out of the clasp, retying the knot at a shorter length, and then trimming the excess thread.
Although the chewelry Australia is recommended for 5 years and up, the range of sensory needs is vast and complex. What works for one person may not work for the next, so if you're unsure which chewelry is best for your child, check out ARK’s Chewing Guide™ and this article on How to Choose the Right Chew.
Check out this article to find out what are the 10 Tips for Kids Who Need to Chew.
Caution: This product is not a toy. The clasp and cord are not intended for chewing. Contains small parts that may pose a choking hazard - direct supervision required. Recommended for ages 5 years and up. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected, given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While a chew tool will last forever for some people, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear. For the longest lasting chew tool overall, click here.